PSAwatch™ - Quantitative 10 minute PSA testing using whole blood at the point-of-care
The PSAwatch system works with whole blood from a capillary finger-prick, and measures PSA to one decimal place in the clinically significant range (0.5 - 25µg/l).
Using PSAwatch allows a physician or nurse to provide their patients with a low cost PSA reading during an office or clinic visit, with no waiting.
PSAwatch™ Clinical Applications
Urologists, primary care physicians and nurses rely on accurate PSA measurement to manage new or recurrent prostate disease.
PSA testing is used as part of a complete patient diagnostic assessment in conjunction with other tests.
- Men with LUTS (lower urinary tract symptoms)
- Suspicious DRE (digital rectal examination)
- PSA density and velocity
- Monitoring response of prostate cancer to therapy (e.g. hormones, radiotherapy, brachytherapy, cryotherapy or HIFU)
- Screening for Prostate Cancer risk with age-specific PSA reference ranges
- PSA velocity and active surveillance